Friday, January 24, 2014

Fonts have Feelings, too



Purpose:
To continue to explore and learn tools in Photoshop, specifically, the text tool and it’s many options;

To continue to use creative problem-solving skills to complete the assignment.

Reflection:
For the “Fonts Have Feelings, Too” design, I believe that I deserve a 3.5-4. My design exemplifies this score because each word portrays the feeling that it means. I included the required 12 pairs of words (including some that I came up with on my own), and is displayed on two 8.5x11 document. For example, the word for “old-fashioned” epitomizes the style of writing used over 200 years ago in Colonial America. The antonym of this word is “modern”, which is now exemplified with sans-serif fonts such as one you would find on a computer HTML code. I carefully considered proximity and tension when placing each word on the page, making sure that the correct words were placed together and did not look like a motley collection. I then aligned the pairs on the page considering it as a whole
I experimented with photoshop by rasterizing each layer and using tools such as sharpen, which gave the fonts a heavier feeling,  contour, which added a shine-like effect to the inside of each letter, drop shadow, which adds a shadow to the outside of the later. I used the drop shadow effect to make words pop off the page creating a three-dimensional feel. My favorite is the word “sad” because it has a thin black stroke and white fill, which is like when someone is sad and empty inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment