Friday, January 24, 2014

Positive & Negative Space Carved Pumpkins



Purpose:
To use problem-solving skills and knowledge of positive and negative space to create a unique design on the surface of a pumpkin and with carving a pumpkin.

Reflection:
      When I created the designs for my pumpkins, I never was very pleased with them. However, I never thought out the fact that I was going to be carving on an actual pumpkin. My surface design turned out great, but it was much harder than I anticipated. Getting the correct thickness and thinness was very difficult with the tools that we had. 
      For my large pumpkin I decided to do a design that went all the way around the pumpkin. When I was almost done I realized that if I cut out the middle...the pumpkin would be in two pieces! I ended up having to restart and do the "boo!" design, which I actually ended up liking better. 
  This assignment taught me to really think a plan through before you start working on it. This will prevent mistakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment