Friday, January 24, 2014

Work I am Most Proud of


      When I decided to sign up for graphic design I anticipated doing something that would help me learn more about magazine design. Maybe something along the lines of an ad for a local company or a font exercise, but I never thought that we would actually do a magazine cover. In the past the only magazine cover I made was in 8th grade for a Civil Rights project, but I cut and taped it all together myself. Creating this magazine cover confirmed that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. 
     I am proud of the final product of my magazine cover for several reason. Firstly, I love the color scheme. My favorite colors are black, white, and pink, and I try to emulate that throughout my life, whether it be clothes, room decor, or anything else. The contrast makes the pink pop against the black background which really makes it stand it out and look different from the other magazines. 
     Another reason why I am most proud of this artwork is because of the layout. I tried to fit as much info as possible without it looking cluttered, and I think I succeeded. Although the different pieces of text are spread throughout the cover, I made sure that they were all equally aligned with perfect proximity to each other and my figure in the middle. 
     Lastly, the cover stories are things that I am truly passionate about and would love to write real articles about. I think that by adding these personal touches my magazine instantly is 10x better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment