Friday, January 24, 2014

BBM Tennis Tournament T-Shirt

Purpose:

  • To use creative problem-solving skills to design a t-shirt for an annual tennis tournament that raises money for the Cancer Community Center of Maine;
  • To understand the importance of being involved in a real-life, authentic learning experience.

Reflection:
There are many things that I learned doing this “real world” project, but three of them stand out to me the most. One of these is that you have to learn to design for the client, not yourself. When I first went into this, I designed what I liked and what I thought would be great for a tennis tournament t-shirt. When I received the critique from Carrie, I realized that I had been designing the shirt for myself and not for somebody else’s liking. After that I tried to change my design so that it would please Carrie, the client.
Secondly, I learned that the best way to work on such a large project like this is to start the day it is assigned and work a little each day. After you sleep on it, new ideas come to mind. I feel like if I had just done my whole project in one day there would be so many missing elements.
Lastly, I learned that patience is very important when using photoshop. I’m the first to admit that patience doesn’t come easily to me, so this project was hard for me, but once I learned to have patience, my work turned out much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment